The feature list for 1.0 looks like this:
- Test pages allowing you to test and debug your server code.
- Access controls through:
- J2EE security including role based authorization
- Declarative access rights at a method and parameter level
- Automatic conversion of the following types:
- All primitive types, String, Date (including SQL variants)
- Arrays, Collections, Maps, Iterators
- Document, Element etc from DOM, DOM4J, JDOM, and XOM
- JavaBeans (nested and recursive trees supported) including beans from Hibernate
- A large array of remoting options:
- Batch sending of remote calls
- Support for XMLHttpRequest & iframe with POST & GET
- Optional call ordering guarantees
- Tables, ul, ol and select lists
- Form fields including automatic form / JavaBean mapping
- All general content types like p, h*, div, span, etc.
- Spring integration:
- Remote Spring beans
- Configure DWR using Spring config files
- Open Source (ASL Version 2)
What features would you like to see in the next version?